10 Reasons to Make Dog Walking Your Next Side Hustle
An easy way to earn some extra income is to find something you are passionate about and skilled in to fill additional time in your day. It can also be a way to slowly build experience in an area you want to eventually shift towards in your career.
Most people agree they love animals. But working with animals, while rewarding, requires a higher level of compassion, additional patience, willingness to get your hands dirty at times and being able to handle unexpected events at any given time. Becoming a dog walker also requires candidates to meet the various needs of all types of dogs and their owners, as well as exceptional communication skills, a friendly demeanor, being punctual and reliable.
Why working with TFLiving gives dog walkers a lot of benefits
TFLiving partners with residential and corporate communities nationwide to offer at-home amenities like dog walking, personal training and group fitness classes through the click of a button on the TFLiving mobile app. Becoming a dog walker with TFLiving allows you to enjoy all the following benefits and more:
- Get paid to spend time with animals
- Flexible hours to take on dog walking outside of your regular full-time career or personal obligations
- Manage your own schedule via phone, email, text messaging, and our TFLiving Service Provider app
- Exclusivity in working with our properties in your city
- Opportunity to build your experience as a professional Dog Walker at any of our locations nationwide
- Accessibility to our TFLiving mobile app for Service Providers for easy invoicing and payment
- Pet Education via our individual training manuals online
- Ability to help build your career or gain additional experience working with animals
- A fulfilling role that allows you to do what you love
- Helps others while promoting a healthier life for their pets by getting them the exercise they need
What you need to get started as a Dog Walker
As part of ensuring we deliver the highest level of service to our residents, TFLiving looks for the following capabilities when hiring for our dog walking positions:
- Previous pet care experience and familiarity with canine behavior
- Basic first-aid knowledge
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Timely communication
Duties for these role include providing dog walks for residents, walking dogs in all weather conditions for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, ensuring the safety of the dogs you are walking as well as other dogs and nearby people and recording with accuracy other notes or abnormalities about the walk through our mobile app.
If you ever considered becoming a professional dog walker on your own some day but need more experience, or if you are simply looking for a fun way to engage with animals while doing something helpful in your community, consider one of our nationwide dog walking positions that we have available! If you don’t see any openings at this time, we still encourage you to send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we are frequently adding new communities to our platform every day.